Limeade Releases 2020 Employee Care Report Uncovering Hidden Causes of Workforce TurnoverPosted Mar 06, 2020
BELLEVUE, Wash -- Today employee experience company Limeade released findings from the company's latest study, "2020 Employee Care Report: The Hidden Causes of Employee Turnover." This unique study uncovers insights on how a lack of employee care manifests in the workplace, unpacks key issues fueling unwanted turnover and leverages new data to make recommendations to improve corporate efforts to retain top talent.
The Limeade "2020 Employee Care Report" surveyed 1,000 full-time U.S. workers to uncover the state of care in the workplace. Key findings include:
Employees don't feel their employer cares for them as individuals
• Only 31% of employees strongly agree that their employers care about them as individuals
• 47% of employees who have disclosed a mental health issue in the workplace have experienced a negative consequence by doing so
• 44% of burned-out employees constantly or often resent their employer
• Nearly half (48%) of employees don't believe their employers' Diversity and Inclusion efforts are genuine
And they are quitting because of it:
• 1 in 3 employees have left a job because they didn't feel their employer cared about them as a person
• 38% of employees have been asked by a colleague to leave a job with them
• 25% of employees left a job because they were not treated with dignity by company leaders
"Employers are beginning to believe in the business value of caring for their people as human beings, but struggle to understand how this manifests on a daily basis," said Dr. Laura Hamill, Limeade Chief People Officer and Chief Science Officer of the Limeade Institute. "The 2020 Employee Care Report benchmarks the state of employee care and underscores the need to make improvements immediately. By understanding what care does and doesn't look like, employers can begin to improve recruitment, retention and business results through an increased dedication to organizational care."
To help employers take action, the Limeade Institute developed a framework to help organizations demonstrate care to their employees. These aspects of care can be introduced at scale to employees with Limeade Well-Being, Engagement and Inclusion solutions. Available as an integrated platform or individual solutions, with Limeade every employee knows their company cares.
To download a full copy of the 2020 Employee Care Report, and learn more about how Limeade can help your organization improve the employee experience visit here.
Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. The Limeade platform unifies employee well-being, engagement and inclusion solutions with robust communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.