Are you looking for a challenge? Do you have a passion for helping people? Do you want to be part of a diverse team that is committed to making the transportation system in Colorado safe and efficient? Then, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) is the place for you! CDOT is devoted to incorporating technology, providing equal employment opportunities, developing leaders, and improving systems in order to provide outstanding customer service. By saving lives and making lives better by providing freedom, connection, and experience through travel, CDOT is committed to becoming the number #1 Department of Transportation in the country. In working towards this goal, we believe every one of our employees plays a critical role. CDOT's core values include safety, people, integrity, customer service, excellence and respect. Please visit https://www.codot.gov/ to learn about CDOT and how we are making Colorado a great place to live, work and play, now and for the future!
State employees make Colorado an amazing place to learn, work, and play. We want every day to feel like an opportunity. We want to be surrounded by innovation, vibrant optimism, and creativity. Most of all we want to feel like we're doing what we're meant to be doing. It's our nature. Working for Colorado means being surrounded by people who share your vision. It's where making a difference meets a pioneering spirit. Reach your peak state and together let's share everything we love about Colorado. To learn about the State's Employee Value Proposition visit: https://www.colorado.gov/dhr/evp
This position is only open to Colorado state residents.
This announcement will be open for one week or until 50 applications are received. It is in your best interest to apply early.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This position is located in CDOT's Division of Human Resources in Denver. This position provides clerical and technical support to the HR Specialist team focused on the hiring process. This position is responsible for understanding and applying the Personnel Rules as well as CDOT guidelines, procedures, policies, and directives to ensure integrity in the hiring process while providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. To accomplish assigned job duties, this position will use a number of computer systems and software including NeoGov, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Gmail, Adobe Acrobat, Hyland OnBase, and SAP.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use the State's Applicant Tracking System, NeoGov to post job announcements, screen applications, send email notifications, enter assessment ratings, and download information for the digital selection file;
- Write job announcements for frequently filled positions within CDOT;
- Evaluate job applications to determine whether applicants possess the minimum requirements for a position as stated on the job announcement;
- Provide support to the HR Specialists for assessment processes, including applicant scheduling, proctoring oral board interviews, and entering ratings;
- Communicate in a timely manner with applicants, hiring managers, and HR Specialists throughout the hiring process, including coordinating and scheduling assessments and interviews;
- Coordinate with team members to provide information that achieves customer satisfaction and promotes excellent customer service;
- Enter updates into the HR Selection Tracking SharePoint database;
- Review and correct conditional offer letters within 2 hours of receipt from the hiring manager; use information from salary analysis, employment status guidelines, and NeoGov to ensure accuracy of offer letter;
- Email offer letters to selected candidates and assist candidate with the background screening and onboarding processes;
- Monitor background check vendor system to assist in evaluating candidate clearance to hire;
- Create and maintain electronic files related to the hiring process; download announcements and applications and scan assessment and scoring materials for inclusion in electronic files; verify that electronic files have all required materials;
- Track receipt of position requests, documents, entry, and validation for all steps of the hiring process for multiple positions; communicate status with HR Specialists, hiring managers and assistants, and applicants to keep the process moving and be able to meet process deadlines;
- Write and review communications and emails for accuracy and appropriate signatures;
- Convert documents and webpages to Adobe Acrobat PDF for digital storage;
- Perform clerical functions to support personnel filing and hiring process records retention requirements.
- Primarily 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM work hours, Monday-Friday, with some flexibility available
- Work in an environment where confidentiality is critical
This experience must be specifically documented on your application. Additional information submitted after the closing date of this announcement will not be considered in the review of your application.
- At least three years of full time experience related to the major duties and responsibilities of the position, where the primary purpose was using system tools to support the recruitment and selection process of a business or organization. This experience must include:
- Using an Applicant Tracking System to post announcements and screen applications.
- Providing effective customer service to hiring managers and applicants.
- Writing and proof reading job announcements and applications.
- Additional experience with electronic/digital filing and records retention is preferred.
Substitution: Coursework from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or another field of study closely related to the job duties will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. If using this substitution you must provide a transcript that shows completed coursework and credit hours or degree conferral if applicable. Transcripts from colleges or universities outside of the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report will result in your application being rejected and you will not be able to continue in the selection process for this position.
Stronger candidates will be those that demonstrate depth and breadth of skill and ability, through a combination of professional experience and formal training, to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
The Exceptional Applicant will be an experienced Human Resources Technician and will possess the proven ability or accomplishment in the following:
- Demonstrated success with the duties listed in the Description of the Job section;
- Highest work/personal ethics and integrity, including ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of State of Colorado Personnel Rules and selection/hiring process best practices;
- Strong knowledge of and experience using an Applicant Tracking System, such as NeoGov;
- Experience posting job announcements and screening applications for qualifications;
- Experience maintaining digital/electronic files and following records retention guidelines;
- Experience providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers;
- Experience in tracking information and project status and communicating with multiple stakeholders to meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to technical detail and accuracy;
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be adaptable to changing assignments;
- Strong time management skills, including prioritization and multi-tasking ability;
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems in an innovative manner;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and team situations;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Gmail, Adobe Acrobat, NeoGov, SAP, and Hyland OnBase, and the ability to quickly learn other software systems.
If an applicant reaches the finalist stage of the hiring process, the Colorado Department of Transportation may procure a consumer report and/or investigative consumer report on the applicant in connection with his/her application for employment purposes, as defined under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. These reports may be obtained at any time after receipt of the applicant's authorization. As part of the employment screening an applicant will be requested to disclose any deferred judgments and convictions as well an explanation of the circumstances around any arrest or conviction. In the event that a screening returns information that the applicant believes is not accurate, he or she will have an opportunity to dispute the information with "Info Cubic".
The report may contain information bearing on the applicant's character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living. The information that may be included in the report includes: social security number trace, criminal records check, public court records checks, educational records, and driving records checks. CDOT will only request credit reports insofar as they relate to the position for which the applicant is applying. The information contained in the report will be obtained from private and/or public record sources. The applicant will have the right, upon written request made within a reasonable time after receipt of a notice, to request disclosure of the nature and scope of any investigative consumer report.
This position is only open to Colorado state residents.
This announcement will be open through 9/25 or until 50 applications are received. It is in your best interest to apply early.
You must submit an application to be considered. To view the full job announcement and apply, please go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado/jobs/2577665/human-resources-technician-iii-selection-records