Your next opportunity awaits
We're Industry Dive, and we're on the cutting edge of business media. We're always on the hunt for bright, creative journalists who will be excited to get exposure to a variety of aspects of the modern digital editorial department. Sharp writing is a must, but we're also looking for candidates with a keen understanding of the value of curation, headlines, quick-takes, and a desire to write longer trend pieces.
You won't be cranking out endless quarterly reports or talking to the usual suspects here. You'll get a chance to own a product and use all your tools: Writing, editing and social media. You'll travel to industry events. You'll interview newsmakers. You'll get the satisfaction of working in an innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to show your creative side.
The HR Editor (along with other Editors on this beat) will oversee the coverage of our HR beat and assign stories to freelance contributing editors. You will also manage social media efforts for the beat and regularly contribute articles of your own. This position will report to a senior editor or the editor-in-chief.
Further information: Run 3
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Aptitude for business news and smart story selection
- Strong digital news knowledge
- Tuned-in instincts for writing headlines that connect with reader interests
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts
- Ability to drive reader value via social media
- Deadline-oriented time management skills
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- 3-5 years business reporting in online or print in HR industry
Not required, but let us know if you have:
- Some hands-on familiarity with HTML
- Working knowledge of basic SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring software
Everything we publish is mobile-optimized, so we have a particular interest in editors who take an interest in the mobile experience.