About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room. We even have weekly dog visits.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.” Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" in 2015 and 2016 by the Washington Business Journal.
Your next opportunity awaits
We're Industry Dive, and we're on the cutting edge of business media. We're always on the hunt for bright, creative journalists who will be excited to get exposure to a variety of aspects of the modern digital editorial department. Sharp writing is a must, but we're also looking for candidates with a keen understanding of the value of curation, headlines, quick-takes, and a desire to write longer trend pieces.
You won't be cranking out endless quarterly reports or talking to the usual suspects here. You'll get a chance to own a product and use all your tools: Writing, editing and social media. You'll travel to industry events. You'll interview newsmakers. You'll get the satisfaction of working in an innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to show your creative side.
The HR Editor (along with other Editors on this beat) will oversee the coverage of our HR beat and assign stories to freelance contributing editors. You will also manage social media efforts for the beat and regularly contribute articles of your own. This position will report to a senior editor or the editor-in-chief.
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Aptitude for business news and smart story selection
- Strong digital news knowledge
- Tuned-in instincts for writing headlines that connect with reader interests
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts
- Ability to drive reader value via social media
- Deadline-oriented time management skills
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- 3-5 years business reporting in online or print in HR industry
Not required, but let us know if you have:
- Some hands-on familiarity with HTML
- Working knowledge of basic SEO
- Experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring software
Everything we publish is mobile-optimized, so we have a particular interest in editors who take an interest in the mobile experience.